Start The Class
Approximately 2 weeks prior to the beginning of each new term,
registered students will receive a welcome email from the central eCore office at the University of West Georgia.
- The email will be sent to your KSU student email address.
- For instructions on how to access your KSU student email account visit the KSU New Students Technology Guide.
Prepare for eCore
Review the eCore Student Success Guide for tips that will assist in having a successful semester.
eCore Learning Management System
eCore courses are located in GoVIEW, the learning management system offered by the University System of Georgia, not KSU's D2L Brightspace.
GoView Username and Password
Students taking an eCore course for the first time need to create a GoVIEW password.
- Go to GoVIEW.
- Click "Forgot Password" and enter your username (KSU NetID_ksu, for example jsmith123_ksu).
Do not enter your student email address.
- A password link will be sent to your campus email address. The email will be sent
- If you do not receive the 'donotreply' password link email within 24 hours, contact the eCore Helpdesk at 678-839-5300, 1-855-933-2673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- eCore courses will not be available in GoView until the official first day of class.
- After receiving the eCore Welcome Letter, a tutorial course entitled the eCore Connection will be available in GoVIEW which will familiarize you with the GoVIEW learning management system.
Required Attendance Verification
All eCore courses require student activity before the participation deadline to determine student presence. Failure to do so may result in withdrawal.
Attendance Verification and Participation Deadline:
Students must log into their eCore class by the Participation Deadline and complete the eCore Mandatory Attendance Quiz and Introduction Discussion Activity.
If these two activities are not completed by the deadline, students will be reported as non-attending by the professor. Students reported as non-attending, may be withdrawn from the course.
Students enrolled in more than one eCore class, must complete the attendance quiz and discussion activity in each class they are enrolled in.
To be counted as 'present', follow these steps:
- Log into GoVIEW using the information found in the eCore Welcome Email
- Take the Mandatory Attendance Quiz in each eCore class registered.
- Complete the Introduction Discussion Activity in each eCore class registered.
Reported as Non-Attending
Students receiving an email from the eCore Administration Office stating that they have been reported as non-attending in their eCore course, who have completed the above requirements and think the non-attendance report is in error should contact their instructor immediately.
If the instructor finds in the student's favor then the instructor will submit an official reinstatement form allowing the student to remain in the course.
Instructors are not obligated to accept any excuse for course inactivity due to technical problems. It is your responsibility to report technical problems to the USG D2L Help Center as they occur or contact eCore Administrative Services at email@example.com or 678-839-5300 or toll-free, 1-855-933-2673.